Government has asked Revenu Québec to apply flexibility measures for individuals and businesses in Québec during income tax filing season.
- The deadline for filing the personal income tax return has been extended from April 30, 2020, to June 1, 2020.
- The deadline for paying income tax, contributions or the annual registration fee for the enterprise register related to the 2019 income tax return has been extended to September 1, 2020.
- If an individual or their spouse carried on a business in 2019, the deadline to file their 2019 income tax return remains June 15, 2020.
- Required instalment payments normally due on June 15, 2020, is now due by September 1, 2020.
- The deadline for filing corporate income tax returns due by May 31, 2020, has also been extended to June 1, 2020.
- The deadline for paying income tax or the annual registration fee for the enterprise register related to the 2019 income tax return has been extended to September 1, 2020.
Revenu Québec is also taking steps to ensure that no individual or business is penalized as a result of the pandemic. All tax audit and collection activities are being suspended, and the organization will show greater flexibility in respect of payment agreements for tax debts.
Check Revenu Québec for the latest relief measures updates https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/relief-measures-for-individuals-and-businesses/