Ontario income tax calculator

This is income tax calculator for Ontario province residents for year 2012-2019. Current tax rates in Ontario and federal tax rates are listed below and check.

IMPORTANT: This tax calculator is used for income tax estimation. Please use Intuit TurboTax if you want to fill your tax return and get tax rebate for previous year. It is free for simple tax returns or gives you 10% discount for more complicated tax returns.



 

 

Here is list of free netfile software to file your tax return.

Ontario tax brackets and rates 2019

In 2019 tax brackets and Ontario personal basic amount were increased by 2.2%.

Basic personal amount for 2019 is $10,582.

Taxable income Rate
from $0 to $43,906 5.05%
from $43,907 to $87,813 9.15%
from $87,814 to $150,000 11.16%
from $150,001 to $220,000 12.16%
over $220,000 13.16%

Ontario surtax rates 2019

Ontario surtax brackets also were increased by 2.2% in 2019

Payable tax Rate
greater than $4,740 up to $6,067 20%
over $6,067 56% (20% + 36%)

The 36% surtax is in addition to the 20% surtax, for a total surtax of 56%.

Federal income tax rates in Canada for 2019

In 2019 Canadian federal income tax brackets and base amount were increased by 2.2%.

Federal personal base amount is $12,069.

Taxable income Rate
0 – $47630 15.00%
$47,631 – $95,259 $5,334.15 + 20.50% for income over $47,630
$95,260 – $147,667 $15,098.10 + 26.00% for income over $95,259
$147,668 – $210,371 $28,724.18 + 29.00% for income over $147,667
over $210,372 $46,908.34 + 33.00% for income of $210,372 and over

Historical Ontario tax brackets are listed here and historical federal tax brackets and rates can be found here.

Netfile software 2019

Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) published list of  certified Netfile software you need to file tax return for 2018 tax year ...
Read More

Provincial/Territorial Income Tax Rates and Brackets for 2019

Except Nova Scotia, Prince Edwards Island and Saskatchewan all other provinces and territories indexed their tax brackets and basic personal amounts by a calculated inflation factor ...
Read More

Income tax calculators updated for 2018 tax year

All Canadian income tax calculators are updated for 2018 taxation year. Most provinces and all territories indexed their tax brackets and basic personal amount by federal or provincial inflation rate ...
Read More

Provincial/Territorial Income Tax Rates and Brackets for 2018

Except Nova Scotia and Prince Edwards Island all other provinces and territories indexed their tax brackets and basic personal amounts by a calculated inflation factor ...
Read More

Netfile software 2018

On 26th of February, 2018 Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) published list of certified Netfile software you need to file tax return for 2017 tax year ...
Read More